Why do I need to Register on the Website?
Registration to the MRA website allows the user to subscribe to various subscriptions and order goods from MRA Sales.
What is the process of applying for a prospecting or exploration licence?
After you have registered your company with the Investment Promotions Authority, you report to the Mineral Resources Authority (MRA) for forms to fill. These forms are submitted with the necessary fees plus documents i.e. bank statements, guanrantee letters from financiers, to the Registrar, at MRA. For more information see "How to apply for EL", on this site.
Who do I contact first if I wish to invest in PNG?
To carry out any business venture in Papua New Guinea, the first point of contact would be the Papua New Guinea Investment Promotion Authority. For more information, go to www.ipa.gov.pg
How do I subscribe to a MRA publication?
Login to the site, click on the User Account tab in the menu. Click on the 'Manage Services' link in the User Account Module - here you will be able to subscribe or unsubscribe to various MRA publications.
How can I participate in the online forums on the website?
- To partcipate in the online forum(s) you have to register on the website.
- If you are not registered click on the Register link at the top right hand corner to register.
- If you are a registered user click on the login link at the top right hand corner to login.
- After you login click on the MRA Forums link at the Left pane links container to begin.
What the MRA Logo means?
The MRA Logo is explained as follow:
- Dark Blue represents authority, respect and cooperation
- Green represents growth and environment consciousness
- The merging squares symbolize cooperation, synergies, equality and commonality amongst the various stakeholders - state, developer and landowners enjoying mutual benefits
Are meant to represent a sustainable flow. The Gold color along the rings is depective of prosperity from the land to the sea.
The wavy lines on the green background is representative of PNG's pioneering exploration and eventually mining activities offshore. The disjointed nature of the lines speaks of continuous improvement and quality service. The above description of the logo embodies virtues around which the Mineral Resources Authority should strive towards.