Development Coordination Division is one of the five divisions of Mineral Resources Authority. Its core functions are;
- Improve stakeholder consultation
- Project facilitation
- management of mining benefit streams including small scale mining, from exploration to mining phases of development, by formation of a project facilitation function .
In the division there are three branches;
- Exploration Coordination
- Mining Project Coordination
- Sustainable Development
The Sustainable Development Branch houses the Gender Coordination Unit that deals with gender participation/issues, for all three branches.
The MRA Corporate Plan outlines the following key areas that guide the Development Coordination division and it functions;.
- Strengthen relations with other relevant state agencies through the sharing of information on mining projects;
- Provide logistical and incidental assistance to agencies whose employees are members of state teams for the mining projects;
- Encourage gender equality and participation through the Gender Coordinator;
- Establish dialogue with district administrations and Local Level Governments.
- Provision of technical advice on project related socio-economic and evolutionary mining issues to DMPGM to assist in policy formulation.
Adopt and ensure adherence to appropriate and relevant policies and agreements;
- Standardize project Memorandums of Understanding and Agreements;
- Provide internal competency training on prevailing policies and Acts;
- Maintain a compliance database for small scale mining sector.
- Optimum utilization of the small scale mining training centers;
- Develop and maintain appropriate training programs and staff to provide viable extension programs for small scale mining;
The division is headed by a Executive Manager (EM) and Managers for each branches.
For more information contact the Executive Manager on email@example.com.